Pretty fun watching husband and wife crossftting together during the 2013 Open WODs!!!
Proud to be coaching Cam and Adam…..keep up the hard work you guys are monsters!
1) Remember we will be hosting a together Wednesday Night 8pm for 13.5 live stream on TV!!!
2) Check out our Facebook page for upcoming news about the Battle of the BORO Comp!!!
3) Coaching Note-Quality of movement will ALWAYS trump quantity. I found myself losing form today while squatting and knew that I had one of a couple options.
- Persevere and finish my sets regardless of technique or form.
- Lower the weight or reps and finish the sets correctly
- Move on to the next exercise calling it a day for the squats.
If I had continued to squat despite the rounding in my back, I would have fed a bad habit and would have squatted in such a way that I could never use that strength in an actual lift. It is more important for me to squat with perfect form as to mimic the snatch and clean such that my squats have perfect carryover to these lifts. That is after all the reason I subject myself to heavy squats, to create bigger numbers in the lifts. As a lifter you have to be smart and know when you technique is so poorly deteriorated that it is best to back off the gas pedal a little OR when it is still beneficial to push hard.
My solution was to get the squats in but cut the doubles to singles to allow for spot on technique and quality reps